Year 6 - Transfer to Secondary School - September 19
- Year 6 - Secondary School Transition letter - 2018-19
- Year 6 - Secondary School Events for prospective parents - 2018-19
Before you apply
This information only applies if you want to apply for your child to start Year 7 at secondary school in September 2019 as they are in Year 6 at a Primary or Junior school.
If your child needs a school place in a different year group or at another point in the year, you need to apply to move schools.
Before applying for your child's secondary school place, you must read the Information for parents booklet which gives you all the information you need about the application and allocation process.
- Information for parents: Admission to secondary school September 2019 (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Transferring to secondary school September 2019 leaflet (PDF, 138KB)
Further information about the allocation of places at Steyning Grammar School is below:
You can find out about a school by:
- visiting schools - most have open days you can go to
- reading the school's Ofsted reports
- checking school league tables - these includes exam results.
It is the responsibility of parents or carers to apply for a school place. You do not need to have a letter from the County Council.
Find your catchment area school
Use our map to find your catchment school.
If you want your child to be considered for a place at their catchment school you must include this as one of the three preferences on your application.
Apply for a place
You can now apply if your child is due to start secondary school in September 2019. The deadline for applications is Wednesday 31 October 2018.
If you wish to apply to Davison CofE (Controlled) High School for Girls on denominational grounds, please print and complete this form by Wednesday 31 October 2018 (instructions of where to send it are included on the form):
- Application form to Davison CofE (Controlled) High School for Girls on denominational grounds (PDF, 129KB)
Important things to remember when applying
- You can apply for up to three different schools. You must rank the schools in order of preference - the first school should be the one you would most like your child to go to.
- We advise that you use all three preferences and enter your catchment school as one of your preferences.
- If you apply after the closing date you are far less likely to get a place at one of your preferred schools.
- If you are moving house during the application process please read the Information for parents booklet for advice.
- Once you have submitted your online application you will receive an automatic email acknowledgement.
Unable to apply online?
If you do not have access to the internet, you can still apply online using a computer in your local library for free, or you can request a form by phoning 033 301 42903.
If you choose to apply by post it is your responsibility to make sure it is submitted before the application deadline of Wednesday 31 October 2018.
Forms need to be sent by recorded delivery. We are not responsible for forms lost in the post and no missing forms can be investigated without evidence. We will not acknowledge that we have received your form.
If you apply online before the national deadline of Wednesday 31 October 2018, we will email you on Friday 1 March 2019. Emails will be sent throughout the day so we can't give you an exact time.
If you apply on a paper form before Wednesday 31 October 2018, we will send your offer by second class post on Friday 1 March 2019.
Any application received between Thursday 1 November and Friday 30 November 2018 is out of time and your preferences will only be considered after the applications that were received on time. We will send your offer by second class post on Friday 1 March 2019.
Any applications received after Saturday 1 December 2018 are late and outside the normal admissions round. They will not be processed until after Friday 29 March 2019. You will receive a letter after this date.