The School Sport Premium
The School Sport Premium is funding that has been allocated to all maintained and state-funded schools with primary phase pupils. The main objective of this funding is to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport that they offer.
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding but we should use the premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now
will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
At Heene Primary School the 5 key indicators that we should expect to see improvement across are:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity;
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement;
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport;
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils;
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
This money presently equates to £16,000 per school per year plus an additional £10 per child in Years 1 to 6. For our school in 2017/18 this means a sum of £19,020 based on 302 pupils in the January 2017 census data. This does not include our current Year 6 cohort.
Please see details of how the Sports Premium Funding is being spent at our school within the attached plan.