Pupil premium is allocated to schools in addition to main school funding, to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
With the introduction of the Universal Infant Free School Meal for Year R, 1 and 2, we have tried to encourage parents to apply where eligible for FSM and, therefore, qualify for pupil premium.
We are offering additional benefits/incentives to encourage eligible families to apply, once eligibility is confirmed families will receive:
- FREE UNIFORM ON ENTRY TO RECEPTION – SAVING £31.22
(1 x sweatshirt, 1 x PE shorts, 1 x PE T-shirt, 1 x bookbag and 1 x cap)
- FREE UNIFORM EACH YEAR – SAVING £16.99 each year
(1 x sweatshirt, 1 x PE shorts, 1 x PE t-shirt)
- FREE SCHOOL TRIPS – SAVING approx. £5 - £18 per trip
- FREE AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS (teacher led only)
- SUBSIDISED RESIDENTIAL TRIPS (if during the school week)
- TRANSPORT COSTS FOR Y4 CURRICULUM SWIMMING LESSONS – SAVING £30
- SMALL GROUP MUSIC LESSONS
PRICES QUOTED ARE CORRECT AT TIME OF PRINTING (October 2018)
The pupil premium was introduced in April 2011 and is allocated to schools to work with pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years (known as ‘Ever 6 FSM’).