Free School Meals
Are you entitled to a FREE School Meal?
If you are not sure and would like to know more read on!
TO QUALIFY — Your child is likely to be eligible for Free School Meals if you receive:
- Income Support or Income-based Jobseekers Allowance or Income-related Employment and Support, or
- Evidence of support under Part V1 of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999 from the National Asylum Support Service (NASS) or Social Services Asylum Team, or
- Child Tax Credit provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual income of £16,190 or less.
If you receive either/both of the following you will need to provide paper evidence with your form to support your claim:
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit, and/or
- Working Tax Credit 'Run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Please note this is the only circumstance which will entitle you to claim for free school meals if you receive Working Tax Credit.
If you receive Contribution based Jobseekers Allowance or Contribution Based Employment and Support Allowance your child is not eligible for Free School Meals.
TO APPLY — All you need to do is follow the link below, complete the Free School Meals application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively return it to the school office.
(Current entitlement to receive a relevant benefit will be checked on a secure government website. Therefore, you may not need to supply paper evidence with your application. The criteria above may be amended following the government's changes to the benefit system later in the year).
YOUR CHILD DOES NOT HAVE TO TAKE THE MEAL, IF YOU PREFER YOU CAN STILL PROVIDE THEIR LUNCH, WE CAN ALWAYS USE A SPARE!
OTHER BENEFITS — Once entitlement is confirmed your child will also qualify for
- 1 x FREE school sweatshirt, PE shorts + PE t-shirt for each new school year
- FREE School Clubs in years 2 and 3
- NO voluntary contribution towards school trips or visitors
- FREE school milk every day
(you still need to apply to Cool Milk – who will notify school)
- 1 x FREE book bag + cap on entry into Reception
BENEFITS TO SCHOOL — The Government has changed the way in which schools are funded and have introduced a ‘Pupil Premium’ for each child registered as receiving a free school meal, this will bring in an extra £1,320 per eligible child to the school budget.
Funding is extremely tight within school and we are relying on your help in order for us to continue providing an exciting and lively curriculum and experiences for all your children.
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO APPLY FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS: